A much awaited OBIEE 11g next realease(220.127.116.11) has been realeased and I have also bought new laptop Lenovo with 8gb RAM @ 1333 MHz. So I was very exited to install this new version on my new laptop and the installation was successful. I would like to share the screenshots of the install as the installation is more or less same as the previous release (18.104.22.168.0).
My System Configuration:
Operating System : Windows 7 Ulitimate 64bit
Installation steps from scratch:
1. Host Name(eg. kalyan.123obi.com)
2. Microsoft Loopback adapter
3. Database Installtion Oracle 11gR2 (same steps as installed on XP)
4. RCU Installation (same as 22.214.171.124)
5. OBIEE 11g Installation (Download screenshots from the following link). Its is more or less same as the previous release (126.96.36.199.0).
Differences from the previous relase that I have seen at Installation:
1. There are 2 more steps (now 14) in the OBIEE 11g installtion process
2. The default port for web has been changed. Now all the components are pointing to 7001. And the “Expiration Warning”
3. And most importantly – Admin Tool works on 64bit Operating system.
…Till Next time