In this post we see how to configure e-mail using FMW Enterprise Manager and also we create an agent to send emails to external users.
Configure Email settings:
1. Login to Fusion Middleware Control Enterprise manager (http://yourservername:7001:/em) using Admin user credentials
2. Navigate to Mail tab (Business Intelligence > coreapplication > Deployment>Mail
• SMTP Server – SMTP server of your email (e.g. mail.123obi.com)
• Port – Port of the SMTP server (e.g. 25)
• Display name of sender – Any name
• Email address of sender – Sender’s email address (e.g. email@example.com
• Username – Same as the sender’s email (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org)
• Password – password of your email
• Confirm password – confirm the same password as above
• Number of retries upon failure – any number
• Maximum recipients
• Addressing method To, Blind Copy Recipient (Bcc) – if you want to receive a BCC, select it.
5. Click Apply, and then click Activate Changes.
Creating an Agent to send mails:
Since we are going to configure just to test the email settings we did in the above, we create this agent as simple as possible.
- Login to OBIEE Web (http://yourservername:7001/analytics)
- Click New in the Global header and then select Agent and Actionable Intelligence
- In the Schedule tab and then select Once from the Frequency list box.
4. In the Delivery content tab, select the content you want to deliver clicking the Browse button.
5. In the Recipients tab, add emails (you can add external users mails as well) whom do you want to receive a mail with delivery content.
…Till Next time