New features of OBIEE 184.108.40.206.0:
Auto-Complete Functionality for Prompts: This release contains auto-complete functionality for prompts. When enabled by the administrator, auto-complete suggests and highlights matching prompt values as the user types in the prompt selection field. Auto-complete can be excluded or included on dashboards, and users can turn auto-complete off for their accounts.
Optional Apply and Reset Buttons for Prompts: You can show or hide a prompt’s apply and reset buttons. If the designer chooses to hide the apply button, then the specified prompt value is immediately applied to the dashboard or analysis.
Miscellaneous Prompts Enhancements: The following prompts enhancements were added:
The prompt Reset button now provides three reset options: Reset to last applied values, Reset to default values, and Clear All.
- In the “Dashboard builder”, the dashboard designer can add the Edit and Copy links to the dashboard’s prompts. These links will display at run time, and users with the proper privileges can click them to edit the prompt or copy the prompt’s link.
- The row-based layout prompt option was added to the prompt editor’s “Definition pane”. As a result, you can now specify a row-based or column-based layout for your prompts.
Favorites: This release introduces Favorites, which allows you to bookmark as favorites the catalog objects that you view regularly or want to view again at another time. You can use the “Manage Favorites dialog” to organize your favorites into categories, and you can view your favorites list and open your favorite objects from the global header’s Favorites menu.
Customizable Global Header and Get Started…. Section of the Home Page
The order of the links on the global header can now be customized, and links to external locations can be added to the global header. The Get Started… section of the home page can also be customized to meet the informational needs of the users. The Administrator implements these customizations and when users log into Oracle BI EE, they will see these customizations.
Oracle BI Client Installer Option Added to the Home Page
A link to the Oracle BI Client Installer has been added to the Download BI Desktop Tools option, which is located in the Getting Started… section of the Home Page. User’s with the proper privilege can click this option to download and install the Business Intelligence Administration Tool and the Oracle Business Intelligence Job Manager.
Integrated Full-Text Search Capabilities
This release provides a fully integrated full-text search. This search is available after the administrator integrates Oracle BI Enterprise Edition with Oracle Secure Enterprise Search. This method of searching allows the user to find objects by searching on their attributes such as author and column name.
Ability to Set Accessibility Mode in the Sign In Page
In this release, the “Sign In page” has been enhanced to include the Accessibility
Mode box, which allows you to specify whether you want content for Oracle BI EE to be rendered in a browser in a way that facilitates the use of a screen reader.
Enhancement to Oracle Scorecard and Strategy Management
This release includes the addition of a contribution wheel diagram to a strategy tree, which allows you to view an objective and its supporting child objectives and KPIs hierarchically in a circular diagram.
Oracle Business Intelligence Mobile
Oracle Business Intelligence Mobile is now documented in Oracle Fusion Middleware
User’s Guide for Oracle Business Intelligence Mobile.
Enhancements to Map Views
In this release, map views have been enhanced in various ways:
- You can include non-BI layers on a map view.
- You can use the marquee zoom feature to zoom into a specific area of the map View.
Enhancements to Selections
- The release includes the following enhancement to selections:
- The ability to include selected members in hierarchy selections steps that are based on family relationships.
- The addition of Siblings of and Leaves of options in family relationships.
- If the content designer adds a selection step that includes a condition with a qualified data reference (QDR), the QDR now displays in the Selection Steps pane.
- The “All X values where Y = values” condition type was added. This condition type is available for attribute columns and hierarchical columns. The Column field was added to the New Condition Step dialog for this condition type.
Enhancements to Views
This release includes the following enhancements to views:
- The ability to rename views and compound layouts.
- The Selection Steps view was added. This view when added to an analysis, displays the selection steps in effect for the analysis.
Enhancements to Tables and Pivot Tables
In this release, tables and pivot tables have been enhanced to allow you to:
- Select the measure on which to sort a column in a pivot table.
- Specify how columns that are added to an analysis from the “Analysis editor:
- Criteria tab” after displaying the analysis results are handled.
- Additional interactions on the right-click menu, for example, Include column,
- Show Running Sum, interactions for selection steps, and so on
- The ability to specify which interactions (for example, Drill) are available when you right-click in an analysis or a dashboard at run time.
BI Composer Enhancements
This release includes the following enhancements to BI Composer:
- The ability to use BI Composer in regular mode as well accessibility mode. (In the previous release, BI Composer was available only in accessibility mode.
- The ability to perform the following tasks when creating an analysis using BI
- Add or remove subject areas from which to select columns
- Specify column interactions, such as drill
- Specify whether columns are hidden
- Rename columns
- Specify column formulas
Till Next Time