The user interface of the Oracle BI Administration Tool installs by default in the language of the operating system. For example, if my OS is in Spanish then all menus and buttons are displayed in Spanish of the Administration Tool.
The recommended approach is to allow the Administration Tool to inherit the language from the operating system. If you must change the language for the user interface of the Administration Tool without changing the operating system language, then you can use the ORACLE_BI_LANG environment variable for this purpose.
In this example I am going to set the ORACLE_BI_LANG parameter to Spanish on Windows7 platform.
- Right click on the “Computer” and click and the Properties.
- Click on the “Advanced system settings” link.
- On the Advanced tab, click on “Environment Variables” button.
- In the “System Variables“ section, click on the “New” button to add new variable as it shown in the following screenshot.
- Open the Admin Tool to see if the change has been done.Note: No need to restart either PC or BI Services.
Till Next Time