Since OBIEE 11g released, the process of deployment of RPD is using FMW (Fusion Middleware Control) Enterprise Manager. However when the size of the RPD too large for FMW to handle, you can also use the Fusion Middleware Control System MBean Browser to upload the default metadata repository. I have faced this issue when I installed OBIA 220.127.116.11.1, the size of the BIApps RPD is 51 MB, which was too large.
To use the System MBean Browser to upload the metadata repository, follow the below steps..
- Manually copy the repository file to upload to the local repository directory for each Oracle BI Server component in the deployment in the path:
- Login to FMW Enterprise Manager: http://hostname:7001/em
- On the left pane expand “Weblogic Domain” > bifoundation_domain > bi_cluster. Click on bi_server1 and then in the right pane, click on WebLogic Server drop down list and choose “System MBean Browser”.
- Expand “Application Defined MBeans” > oracle.biee.admin > Domain: bifoundation_domain > BIDomain > and select the ‘BIDomain’
- Navigate to the Operations Tab in the far right pane. Click on “Lock” and then !Invoke” button.
- Navigate to BIDomain.BIInstance.ServerConfiguration > select BIDomain.BIInstance.ServerConfiguration
- Again Navigate to the ‘Operations’ Tab from the far right pane and click on “uploadRepository”
password: RPD Password[/important]
- Click “Invoke”.
- “Lock” on the domain needs to be released. To release the lock, Navigate back to BIDomain > Operations and clieck on “Commit” and then click on “Invoke”
- Restart the BI Server (OPMN Services) from EM.
Till Next Time