Once you reboot your computer after installation of Oracle BI Server, the first change you would notice is start of OC4J command prompt window automatically. After a while this could be annoying you. OC4J has been setup in the windows registry, that’s why it starts automatically.
To remove from the startup of OC4J, you have got two options:
Option 1: (by Paul McGarrick)
- Start > Run > msconfig
- Go to startup tab and untick oc4j
- Start->Run, enter “regedit” and click OK
- Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run. Here you see all list of software that are setup to start automatically at windows startup
- You can see oc4j under the right panel of the window, Delete it.
- Reboot machine and the oc4j startup will disappear. From now on, whenever you need to start go to Start-> All Programs -> Oracle Business Intelligence -> Start/Stop OC4J.